The Canadian Journal of CME
The Canadian Journal of CME, published at least 10 times a year, is aimed at general and family practitioners, as well as most clinical specialists. Its objective is to inform readers about the latest advances in diagnostic techniques and treatment modalities.
March 2014, Volume 26, Number 03
Diagnose a case for your chance to win
An Accidental BB Shot to the Head
Brent M. McGrath, MD, MSc, PhD;
André le Roux, MB, ChB, MD,
Sean Dolan, MD, FRCPC
Answers to your questions from our medical experts
• Oral Transdermal, and Parenteral Testosterone Treatments
• Azithromycin and Calcium-channel Blockers
• Is Palm Olein a Concern for Bone Health in and Beyond Infancy?
• Treating Superficial Thrombophlebitis of the Legs
• Releasing Tongue-tie in a Newborn
• HbA1c Levels for Diagnosing Impaired Glucose Tolerance
• Yearly Chest X-rays for Smokers
• Evidence-based ARB Medications for Post-myocardial Infarction
• Any Role for Anticardiolipin Antibodies (ACA) Testing in CAD?
• Mycobacterium avium Treatment
• Hs-CRP Measurement in Cardiac Risk Stratification
• Association Between ACE Levels and Sarcoidosis
• Home Temperature Recommendation for a Newborn Infant
• Is Barium Enema of Any Use?
• Stopping Glucocorticoid Treatment
• Treating Mild Cognitive Impairment
• Hepatomegaly Management Options
• High-risk Category Assessment for CVD
• Bipolar Disorder under the Age of 20
• Ordering Thyroid Functional Tests
• Endometrial Cells Found on a Pap – Is an US Needed?
• Contraindications for Grapefruit Juice and Medication Combination
• Treatment Approach for an Elderly Patient with Dizziness
• Hepatitis C Positive Patients
• Annual Breast and Biannual Pelvic Exams
• Adult Immunization against Tetanus
• Is Apple Cider Vinegar Effective for GERD Patients?
Illustrated cases with questions to test your diagnostic skills
• A Shiny, Pink, Nose Lesion
• A Red Patch on the Forehead
• An Ulcerated Nodule on the Thigh
• A Large Lump on the Neck
• An Asymptomatic Lesion
What's New in Hypertension Management?
CHEP 2013 Guidelines
Birinder Mangat, MD; Kelly Zarnke, MD, FRCPC
CME activities from coast to coast